Nemesysco's SENSE technology is the commercial level subset of the Layered Voice Analysis technology used mostly for secuirty related tasks.
Unlike other voice-analysis technologies, SENSE can analyze different layers of the human voice, using multiple parameters to define each speech segment. SENSE can detect various emotional and cognitive states, such as whether your subject is excited, confused, stressed, concentrating, anticipating your responses, or unwillingly sharing information. SENSE also provides in-depth view on the subject's range of emotions, including those relating to "love" and attraction.
How does it work?
The speaking mechanism is one of the most complicated procedures the human body is capable of. Just think for a moment how many muscles and body parts are used in this process, and how well they should be synchronized...
First, the brain has to decide what should be said (a fairly complicated task for itself), then, air is pushed from the lungs upward to the vocal cords, that in time vibrate to produce the main frequency of our voice. Now, the vibrated air arrives to the mouth.
The tongue, the lips, the teeth and the nose space turns the vibrated air into sounds we recognize as phrases. The brain is closely monitoring all the events, and listens to what comes out- if we speak too softly, too loudly and is it understandable at all.
Due to this close attention the brain is using, every "event" passes through the brain will leave it's mark on the speech flow. SENSE Technology ignores what your subject is saying, and focuses only on what the brain is "broadcasting" with no control.
SENSE analysis process
The SENSE technology is comprised of 4 sub-processes:
1. The vocal waveform is analyzed to measure the presence of local micro-high frequencies, low frequencies and changes in their presence within a single voice sample.
2. A precise frequency spectrum of the vocal input is sampled and analyzed.
3. The parameters gathered by the previous steps are used to create a baseline profile for the tested party.
4. The new voice segments to be tested are compared with the tested party's baseline profile, and the analysis is generated.
Another layer that is used in certain applications evaluates the conversation as a whole, and produces a final "Risk" or "QA" value.
SENSE range of emotions
The SENSE technology can detect the following emotional and cognitive states:
Excitement: Each of us becomes positively excited (or depressed) from time to time. SENSE compares the presence of the Micro-High-frequencies of each sample to the basic profile to measure the excitement level in each vocal segment.
Confusion: Is your subject certain about what he or she is saying? SENSE technology measures and compares the tiny delays in your subject's voice to assess how certain he or she is.
Stress: Stress is physiologically defined as the body's reaction to a threat, either by preparing to fight the threat, or by runing away from it. However, during a conversation neither option may be available. The conflict caused by this dissonance affects the micro-low-frequencies in the voice during speech.
Thinking Level: How much effort is your subject investing in trying to find answers? Might he or she be "inventing" stories?
S.O.S: (Say Or Stop) - Is your subject hesitating to tell you something?
Concentrationl: Extreme concentration (or a sudden drop thereof) may be relevant for your proper understanding of the case...
Anticipation: Is your subject anticipating your responses?
Embarrassment: Is your subject feeling comfortable, or does he/she feel embarrassed about what is being said?
Arousal: What triggers your subject's arousal? Is he or she interested in you?
The Lying Games
Why do people lie? Humans, unlike most of the other animals, are capable of "predicting" the future. Most people can tell whether or not a certain response will cause them pleasure or pain.
Lying is not a feeling, it is a tool. The feeling structure around it will be the one causing us to lie, and understanding the differences is crucial for making an analysis.
The SENSE technology differentiate between 5 types of lies:
1. Jokes - Jokes are not so much lies as they are untruths, used to entertain. No long gain profit or loss will be "earned" from it, and usually, little or no extra feelings will be involved.
2. "White Lies" - You know you don't want to say the truth, as it will hurt someone else(!). White lies are lies, but the teller usually experience only "cognitive stress", with no stress or guilt.
3. "Embarrassment Lies" - Same as for White Lies, but this time directed internally. You will loose nothing but the respect of the listener, most likely for the short term.
4. "Offensive Lies" - This is a unique lie, for it's intention is to gain something extra you couldn't otehrwise have.
5. "Defensive Lie" - The "regular" lie. You can't say the truth because the truth will hurt you.
When people get sexually aroused or feel in-love, strange things happens to them. The pupils get wider, the lips get reddish, the face skin gets red... all for the purpose of looking more beautiful (not successfully all the time). We found out that the voice changes too. The increased excitement makes the whole voice pitch higher and more concentration is observed. Often, we play an act to the one we want, trying to influence the way they think about us. Therefore we anticipate their responses.
The SENSE technology can detect the increased excitement and the heighten concentration and anticipation, and monitor these emotions changes over time.
This new feature of the SENSE technology is used for entertainment and personal usage, but the discovery is further used in the LVA version for very serious applications as well.Learn more about the professional Voice Analysis Technology
For more information, please contact us: email@example.com